Route of the World Heritage City 7 nights
- Day 1. Sunday (one-night stay) (Parador de Cuenca)
Cuenca, magic town, waits for you to discover the "Casas Colgadas" (Hanging Houses), its cathedral, the church of San Miguel and the church of San Pedro, the convent of "Las Descalzas y San Nicolás", among other monuments. Cuenca will also surprise you with the beauty of the nearby "Ciudad Encantada", where stones come to life. Lovers of art should visit the "Museo de Arte Abstracto". The "Museo de las Ciencias de Castilla La Mancha" and the provincial "Museo Arqueológico" are other highlights.
- Day 2. Monday (one-night stay) (Parador de Alcalá de Henares)
This is the hometown of Cervantes; the town is beautiful because of its narrow streets, its palaces and convents and its many civil buildings. It invites you to discover the University (founded in 1499 by Cardenal Cisneros), Plaza de Cervantes, the ruins of Santa María de la Mayor, the colleges of Sta. Ursula and Escritorios, the Cathedral of Stos. Justos y Pastor, and many more. Do not forget walking the crowded Calle Mayor, where you will find the house where Cervantes was born
- Day 3. Tuesday (one-night stay) (Parador de Segovia)
Segovia will surprise you in every corner and in every street. Its buildings will talk to you about past times, like the Aqueduct, which will remind of the power of the Roman Empire; its cathedral and the Alcázar also remind you of splendid past times. Churches like the one of San Estéban, San Justo, San Martín and San Millán will transport your to the medieval times. In the surroundings, do not forget to visit the Palacio Real de La Granja de San Ildefonso (Palace and gardens, XVIII century) and the Palacio of Riofrío
- Days 4 and 5. Wednesday and Thursday (two-night stay) (Parador de Ávila)
The medieval stone wall, with the beautiful doors of the Alcázar and San Vicente shelter an impressive patrimony: the "Catedral Fortificada de San Salvador" (its construction began back in the XI century), the "Museo Catedralicio", the "Convento de Santa Teresa" (XVII century), the Palaces of Nuñez Vela, ALMARZARA, Ochoa Aguirre and Arzobispal, among others. A city full of history in every street, in every place, in every corner.
- Days 6 and 7. Friday and Saturday (two-night stay) (Parador de Salamanca)
Walk towards the centre of the Plaza Mayor, ob baroque style (XVIII century) and open your eyes; ne seduced by its beauty and harmony. This is the heart of the city. Start here your visit of the town, and discover among its numerous monuments the "Casa de las Conchas" (XV century), the Old Cathedral (XIII Century), the New Cathedral (XVI - XVIII century) or the University (XVI century). Salamnca is a town of churches, old and noble palaces, an university of prestige; a city of students, open to be discovered at any moment.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Starting on Sunday and finishing on Sunday.
- Dates of the stay and establishments may not be changed or modified en route.
- The trail and rates are not valid for groups.
- Credit card required for booking guarantee.
This route is valid for routes starting between 3 January and 11 July 2010 (inclusive). Routes starting between 22 August and 19 December 2010. Except routes starting on: 21 anda 28 March 2010.
PLEASE NOTE: Once en route, failure to check-in at any Parador on the trail without prior notice leads to automatic cancellation at that Parador as well as the others on the trail.
Cancellations and no-shows:
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before arrival will carry a cancellation fee of the first night stay on the trail.
- Cancellations made en route will have no reimbursement of the price paid.
- No-shows: No-show on the first trail day will lead to cancellation of the entire trail with the first night stay being charged as cancellation fee.
- Taxes not included.
Trail with bed and breakfast (full trail price. VAT included):
- Per person in standard double room: 368 Euro.
- Per child in extra bed (children up to 12): 63 Euro only for the breakfast. Extra bed at no cost.
- Per adult in extra bed: 368 Euro.
- Double room for single occupancy: 736 Euro.
Trail with half board (full trail price. VAT included):
- Per person in standard double room: 564 Euro.
- Per child in extra bed (children up to 12): 161 Euro only for the half board. Extra bed at no cost.
- Per adult in extra bed: 564 Euro.
- Double room for single occupancy: 932 Euro.
The trail includes:
Seven nights stay in a standard double room in selected board type (bed and breakfast or half board).
The trail does not include:
Transport is down to guest/s as are trips or tickets to monuments and places of interest (information provided is merely a guide).